Friends of CASA Service League
Friends of CASA is an auxiliary organization of CASA for Douglas County. It is comprised of men and women committed to improving the lives of abused and neglected children.
Friends of CASA will:
- Assist in fundraising efforts for the benefit of CASA for Douglas County
- Enhance public awareness and understanding of CASA for Douglas County, a nonprofit agency providing advocacy to children in the foster care system
- Special Projects supporting youth, advocates and staff.
Project Hope Pack is our signature project. We distribute backpacks full of necessities and comfort items to children ages 3-18 who are taken out of crisis situations. Hope Packs provide a child a sense of comfort and normalcy in a time that is marked by extreme instability.
Click HERE to make a donation directly to Project Hope Pack!
SIGN UP to fill and distribute packs in the Omaha metro area.
There are two levels of membership for the CASA for Douglas County Service League.
- Active Member: Active members (1) attend seven of nine monthly meetings during your membership year (2) attend two special project activities, and (3) assist with one fundraising event. Active members are considered for leadership roles. Please indicate where you want to have the most impact. Active members pay $30 membership dues.
- Sustaining Member: Sustaining members are not required to participate in Friends of CASA activities, attend general meetings or serve on committees. Sustaining members are non-voting members of the Friends of CASA Service League and are ineligible for officer positions. Sustaining member pay $50 or more in membership dues.
Join the Service League Now
If you are interested in joining the CASA for Douglas County Service League, please follow this link to Join the Service League.
If you have questions regarding Friends of CASA, please contact Lisa Tonjes-Moritz, Service League President, at email@example.com.