CASA for Douglas County is currently hiring for a Program Assistant.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting the CASA for Douglas County staff in day-to-day operations, especially as it relates to data entry, preparing statistical reports and communication with CASA Volunteers, staff and the great child welfare community. Additional duties may include maintenance of the donation center. This position has the potential to transition to full-time in 2019.
Essential Job Duties:
- Updates, manages and maintains case management database (OPTIMA)
- Updates, manages and maintains database on grants (NEON)
- Prepare statistical reports on a regular basis to be given to CASA Board of Directors, agency funders and interested parties.
- Participate in the development of all mail, literature and appeals
- Participate in recruitment activities and special events
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events for the agency
- At the request of the Director of Volunteer & Community Engagement, assist in the development and management of the agency’s website and social media
- Assist Advocate Supervisors in the preparation of Court report
- Assist Training Coordinator in preparation of materials for training
- Office duties as assigned
- Associates degree in business, human services, communications, marketing, public relations or related field preferred
- Can operate copy machine, scanner, fax, and phone systems
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including some weekend and evenings
- Microsoft Office Suite fluent
- High standards of integrity and ethics
- Team oriented attitude a must
- Extraordinary interpersonal communication skills, confidence and credibility.
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to create general correspondence and donor acknowledgments
- Exceptional organizational ability, including personal time management
- Goals/outcomes driven, including the ability to set and meet challenging, yet realistic, objectives
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and child abuse registry check
Position is part time, 15-20 hours per week. The hourly wage is $12.00.
Interested applicants can send cover letter and resume to Deanna Wagner, Recruitment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.